(Same as Thursday Three only a day late….)
- My classes start back again next week so I’m enjoying my last few days of freedom, as my friend would say! The house is being cleaned to within an inch of its life, there is absolutely no dirty washing anywhere, and today I’m treating myself to a little at-home spa which I’ll tell you more about in the coming weeks! I’m actually really looking forward to starting study again though; I’m doing a double major this year with bass guitar and vocals, so its going to be super busy!
- I finished the brown log cabin blanket! Looking back at my Ravelry page for it, I realise that it took me exactly one year from cast on to cast off (with a lot of projects in between of course)! Photos and more details to come, but I’m really happy with how it turned out.
- My first FO for the year was another baby surprise jacket, and since I found out another friend is pregnant, another one will be on its way soon!
- I’ve started charity knitting for the Waikato hospital – so far I’ve made two and a half little preemie hats. I can’t find the link to the pattern but they only take a couple of hours each so I should get a couple more done before classes start back.
- Oh and by the way? My Molly disaster was salvaged – it makes a very nice cowl 🙂 Photos and more details to come.
- I’m reading a book at the moment that my dad lent me called Betrayed by J. M. Windle, about tree huggers and people huggers in Guatemala. Very interesting, although a little hard to get into at the start.
- I’ve also organised my books around the flat so I know which ones I have still to read, there’s quite a few so I won’t be needing to go to the library any time soon.
- I made my favourite chicken dish for dinner the other day, its called Cola Chicken. Sound intriguing? I’ll let you know the recipe next week!
Hope you’re all having a lovely day and keeping busy 🙂