I’ve seen several of these quilts around on Pinterest, and when Mr EP mentioned that he had a few old band t-shirts that he didn’t wear anymore, I thought it would be a good chance to try one out. Since I have no quilting experience I made it more of a blanket, backing the t-shirts with a soft fleecy fabric.
Before I go into the details of what I did, lets take a walk back through memory lane and have a look at Mr EP wearing a couple of the t-shirts when he was younger!
As I said, I have never done any quilting before, so I really just did what I thought would work! If you have any suggestions for better ways of doing things I would be grateful for you passing on your knowledge.
Just a shame that I didn’t take a photo of the whole completed blanket! It was a rush in the end finishing it off and wrapping it up ready to gift, but I’m assured that he loves it! Its the perfect size for snuggling on the couch.
Up next – another one for Miss Stiletto, made from her childhood clothes! I think I will go with the same technique, using sweatshirts as the backing rather than a single piece of fabric.
~ εїз ~ εїз ~ εїз ~
- DIY: No Sew T-Shirt Blanket (osu.uloop.com)
- Disney DIY – Recycling Disney T-Shirts (chipandco.com)
- DIY Braided Racerback Shirt (amorwithoutcouture.com)
- How to Make a T-Shirt Infinity Scarf (scarves.net)
- Diy Denim + Lace Shirt (gigislittleshop.com)
- DIY T-Shirt Projects: Ideas For Reusing Old Tees (huffingtonpost.com)
- DIY Christmas gifts – T-Shirt quilt (anjastudios.com)