I’ve been thinking about the idea of substituting real flowers for paper flowers at my wedding, to cut down on costs. Let me know what you think…
To try it out I used a pile of old sheet music to make lillies, which we were already thinking about for the flowers. I also liked the look of the carambola flowers, and though slightly tricky the first time they got easier to make.
When I get some glue and find some more time I want to try out these kusudama flowers – this bouquet with the buttons, and this one made out of sheet music – maybe even make them into a traditional kusudama ball for the ends of the aisles like this! Here’s the tutorial I found at Folding Trees.
Stay tuned for more sheet music crafts, I have lots left over!