Finally finished my cardigan! And I love it! I’ve already worn it three times, even though I haven’t blocked it properly yet. Its really warm, and fits really snuggly.
Started: 10 July 2010
Finished: 14 July 2011
Pattern: Audrey in Unst [Rav Link]
Yarn: Panda Heath in Teal
Modifications: I lengthened it by a couple of inches so it fits around the hips, and I used only one size needles for the whole thing because I didn’t have anything smaller.
The only downside of this pattern is the armholes, which are a little too big for me even though I followed the pattern exactly for that part, and the neckline is a little wide. However the technique for the set-in sleeves using short row shaping is awesome and super easy! I love the detail of the twisted ribbing.
I tried a new technique on my hair last night, and it worked really well. Its a way to curl it without using a hair curler. I think i’ll have to practice it a bit more to get it to work out better, but it looks great from the front. Sadly the curls in the back have already started falling out – I need to put a little more product in the back next time!