This is one of my all-time favourite recipes to make, and it’s super easy! I found it in one of those ‘four ingredients’ cookbooks years ago. Makes for really tasty leftovers too, if it lasts that long…
4-6 uncooked skinless chicken breasts
1 cup coke
1 cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Cut chicken into bit-size pieces, and spread them out in the bottom of a large casserole dish
- Stir together coke, tomato sauce and soy sauce in a jug
- Pour evenly over the chicken in the dish. Ensure that all the chicken is covered
- Cover the dish in foil and put in the oven for 45mins-1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly
- Serve with pasta – I prefer large spirals or penne but spaghetti works too
Modifications – it would probably be nice with some herbs mixed in with the sauces before you add it to the chicken, or you could stir through some cooked green veges before serving.
The ingredients sound very odd, but I guarantee if you try it you will love it! The fizz gets cooked out of the coke, and the flavour of that with the sauces mix together really well. The chicken comes out really juicy too 🙂
Enjoy! I’d love to know what you think if you try it!